Florida Woman Sentenced To 50 Years In 2018 Beating Death of Her 2-Year-Old Son

Charisse Denae Stinson has been sentenced to 50 years in prison for the Murder of her 2-year-old son Jordan Belliveau Jr. in September 2018.

The sentence was the result of a plea agreement among Stinson, her attorney, and the Office of the State Attorney, according to the Largo Police Department.

Stinson had been charged with one count each of first degree murder and felony child abuse in Jordan’s death.

Stinson’s arrest ended a saga that began Sept. 2, 2018, when she reported her son missing. She told police that she and Jordan were on East Bay Drive near Belcher Road at about 9:30 p.m. when they were offered a ride in a white Toyota Camry by a stranger who gave them the name “Antwan.”

Once in the Toyota, Stinson said, an altercation took place. Stinson said “Antwan” struck her in the face and knocked her unconscious. When she regained consciousness several hours later, she said she was in a wooded area in Largo Central Park and Jordan was nowhere to be found.

After an extensive search of the area, Jordan was not located and an Amber Alert was issued. The Amber Alert was cancelled when the child’s lifeless body was found.

Police said then that “initially there were parts of her story that the detectives felt were not true” and that “parts of her story didn’t make sense.” But officers focused on trying to find the child.

As the investigation continued, officers said Stinson constantly changed her story. Finally, according to the affidavit, she admitted killing her child. Police said she self-inflicted injuries to make it appear she had been attacked.

The affidavit offered details, saying the “child had an unexplained, serious injury to his right leg. During a moment of frustration, the defendant admitted she struck the … child in the face with the back of her hand, which, in turn, caused the back of his head to strike an interior wall of \her home.

“After the blow to the head, the victims suffered from seizures during the night, which lead to further decline, resulting in his death.

“As the victim’s health declined during the following day, the defendant carried him to a wooded area during the night where the victim’s body was left. The victim’s recovered body had visible injuries consistent with the defendant’s admission.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *